Monthly Archive:: June 2014

Top Five England Goalscorers of All Time

The World Cup gave Wayne Rooney the chance to add to his England tally but how does the former Everton striker compare to the greats of days gone by when it comes to goal-getting for the Three Lions? Here we take a look at

England’s World Cup Record Since 1966

Everyone knows that England have won the World Cup just once, in 1966 when it was played on home soil, and that they have never done quite so well since. Here we look at whether the Three Lions roared or whimpered at the 11

Best XI Who Won’t Be At The World Cup

The likes of Lionel Messi, Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suarez might be all hoping to light up the World Cup this summer, but spare a thought for the other great players on this planet who will be watching Brazil 2014 on the box

Dirtiest Players At The 2014 World Cup

The World Cup is supposed to be all about the world coming together and celebrating the finest talent the most exciting game in the world has to offer. However, as the 2010 final showed (with 14 yellow cards and a red!), sometimes the beautiful

The 10 Most Expensive World Cup Players

Everyone knows football transfers have been going nuts since AC Milan paid £1m for Luther Blissett in 1983, and there has been no let-up in recent years as the biggest clubs in the world (and Zenit St Petersburg) throw cash around like there’s no

Most Controversial World Cup Red Cards

The World Cup wouldn’t be the World Cup without some controversial red cards and we’ve got some crackers to look back on here, with some terrible tackles, diabolical dives and even one red card which took three yellows to come! David Beckham, 1998 England